Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee
FERRANTE[_3_] FERRANTE[_3_] is offline

Default Keurig one-cup coffee brewers

>Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. My wife
>buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from it.
>Let's see, $90 versus $16. I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
>90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine =
>$600 additional outlay the first year. . I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

Are you factoring in all the wasted coffee that is dumped from a pot?
If a person researches the Internet, there are many reputable
companies that sell pods, K-cups, etc, which end up costing a lot less
than .50 per cup. Granted, in local stores, the stuff is much more
expensive.

I like the Senseo for the convenience and ease of making a cup. For a
long time, I was buying beans from a reputable roaster and it was very
good and then I would grind them daily resulting in a fabulous cup of
coffee. However, often I did not drink as much as I thought I would
and it would go down the drain.

The coffee I now drink may not be as good as the freshly ground, but
it is still good and there are so many better coffees available online
other than Senseo, but will fit the machine. I like things easy. And I
like to explore.

Mark