Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] is offline

Default Another Christmas gift idea

Kathleen's road emergency kit gift suggestion is a good one.

I'd like to add that for people who find themselves giving things to
family members who most likely don't need anything (say, you gave them
a road emergency kit last year), a charitable donation makes a lot of
sense.

Keeping it on topic, you may want to donate to Feding America
(formerly Second Harvest): http://feedingamerica.org/

Another worthy cause is Heifer International, which uses cash
donations to deliver food animals like goats, geese, honey bees, etc.
to needy communities around the world. http://www.heifer.org/

I was surprised to learn recently that a community garden in Dallas
that caters to the needs of SE Asian immigrants (mostly elderly
Cambodians and Laotians) is supported in part by a gift from Heifer
International.
--

modom