Posted to rec.food.equipment
jt august[_2_] jt august[_2_] is offline

Default using the 'clean' feature for an oven

In article >,
"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:

> > If the slip fit is very fine, the racks can warp just a bit, perhaps
> > 5-12 one-thousandths of an inch (read as 0.005 - 0.012 on a blue print).
> > But this bowing can press on the glide tracks of an oven to create
> > friction, thus impairing the glide.
> >

> If the manufacturer says that the racks can stay in the oven during a
> cleaning cycle and they warp enough to be non-functional I would make a
> warranty claim. A minor increase in friction is what happens to regular
> racks left in for a cleaning cycle. I hardly see a difference.

If the manufacturer says the racks can stay in, they either engineered
the metals and geometry too avoid warpage, or the clearances are great
enough to remain clear on slight warpage. It comes down to the
engineering.

jt