Posted to ba.food,alt.food.asian
Jeffrey Lichtman Jeffrey Lichtman is offline

Default Clement Restaurant in San Francisco (review)

>> Yum! Newspaper ink!
>
> The Brits have been doing it for decades with fish and chips.
> Newspaper ink isn't soluble in oil in my experience.
>
> -sw

It used to be. Newspaper ink used to be oil-based and would come off on
everything (including the hands of the reader). They switched to
rubber-based inks a while back, so now the ink stays on the paper. The
only drawback to the change that I know of is that the old ink used to
make a good glass polish - if you used newspapers to clean windows the
ink residue would make the glass really sparkle.

--
- Jeff Lichtman
Author, Baseball for Rookies