Old 30-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Alan Street

Default SURVEY: Binaries on Alt.Food.Barbecue

MikeT wrote:

The expiration time on Alt.Binaries.Food is preposterous.
Being an alt.binaries group, it gets lumped in with the handfuls of PORN groups.
The pix folks post of their food porn only last long enough for the addicts to
view them. When us reformed (or non-admitted) addicts get there the beautiful
pix are long gone.

I would like to see if there is objection to posting of BBQ Pictures to this
group.

Please reply to the top of this thread with a simple subject line of Yes or No.
If you want discussion go ahead and add some
-miket

I'm a new poster here, but have been lurking for a few weeks and
(hopefully :-) have a good about the group and it's personalities.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea to post binaries to a non-binary
group (only a small portion of the alt hierarchy is binary). I access
Usenet from a couple of different sources, some of which tolerate
binaries and some of which don't. For example, right now I'm using a
Supernews account that specifically doesn't include any binary groups
(it's quite a bit cheaper than one that does). If this groups started
including binaries, at best I wouldn't get the images, but at worst
Supernews might start considering this a binary group and drop it from
their non-binary service. Google also doesn't archive or support
binaries, so anyone who posts from Google would be left out.

Top posting is also evil, but it's probably not a good idea to resurrect
that thread right now ;-)

Alan