Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default How you can save fuel and the environment

In article
wrote:

> On Nov 16, 6:32 am, Energy Saver > wrote:
> - Reduce drag by placing items inside
> > the car or trunk rather than on roof racks. A roof rack or carrier
> > provides additional cargo space and may allow you to buy a smaller
> > car. However, a loaded roof rack can decrease your fuel economy by
> > 5%.-

> I see those Ex-cargo things on car roofs when I"m on the highways. I
> often wonder what the heck ppl are transporting in them. Anyone
> here use one?

I think they're used for camping and traveling. It's too much work to
take them off and find a place to store them, so I'll bet that 95% of
the ones you see on the road are empty. And yes, they reduce your gas
mileage quite a bit.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA