Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_7_] sf[_7_] is offline

Default How you can save fuel and the environment

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 09:09:39 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>On Nov 16, 6:32 am, Energy Saver > wrote:
> - Reduce drag by placing items inside
>> the car or trunk rather than on roof racks. A roof rack or carrier
>> provides additional cargo space and may allow you to buy a smaller
>> car. However, a loaded roof rack can decrease your fuel economy by
>> 5%.-

>I see those Ex-cargo things on car roofs when I"m on the highways. I
>often wonder what the heck ppl are transporting in them. Anyone
>here use one?

Ex-cargo.... those enclosed boxy things? The only time I notice them,
the car is loaded with family, so I assume they're either moving or on
a long road trip. I'd never consider one for myself. The thing
people around here use are roof racks for skis - if they don't drive a
gas guzzling SUV that they can throw their skis inside.

Mae West