Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default Boiling, poaching, simmering, and killing germs

"bonappettit"

> I am essentially a not too bright male who regards persons like Alton>
> Brown with profound suspicion. Unable to find a self-sacrificing woman
> to cook for me,

I wonder why? Almost every woman I know wants to be thought os as a cheap,
short order cook.

I have to do this dreary stuff myself. I read a book> with 487 chicken
recipes, and I still don't know how to cook a chicken
> breast in water for sandwiches.

Go buy any of the basic cookbooks and inside there are recipes for poaching,
stewing, baking, roasting, braising, frying, etc. There are even a few
recipes for what to do with the resulting cooked stuff.

Persons with my degree of inaptitude> don't want to know from moist, savory,
tasteful, sauces, and> thermometers - I just want to know enough to avoid E.
coli and
> salmonella.

Just eat from a deli where they are paid to cook safe food and inspected
regularly.

> bonappettit

I'm afraid your post did nothing for my appetite.