Reg

Default Panettone recipe wanted...

Richard Washbourne wrote:

> What a great idea - I've heard that baking in a large coffee tin works well
> to get the traditional shape.

Coffee tins work quite well too. That's the thing to use if you want
perfect 90 degree sides. I have a very big flower pot that has
a very slight angle to it.

Since the shape is so odd and there is so much surface covered by
the cooking container I take it out when it's about 3/4 done,
remove it from the pot, then finish cooking it right on the
baking stone. This adds some needed crisp to the crust, which
can be a bit too soft and colorless otherwise.