Posted to alt.food.wine
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default US, Germany, Italy, & France

"DaleW" > wrote in message
On Nov 12, 9:56 am, "Dee Randall" > wrote:
> "DaleW" > wrote in message

> The 1994 Emrich-Schonleber Monzinger Halenberg
> Riesling Auslese has plenty of RS (more than the recent vonOth '97),
> but there was still plenty of acidity too. Lots of petrol, green apple
> and white peach fruit, with a limey/grapefruity edge to the acids that
> tighten it up and brighten it up. Some honied notes, but not too
> sweet. Nice long finish with some slate and chalk. This is a producer
> that I never really heard of till the last few years, but I guess
> they've been doing ok for a while, this is a lovely bottle of
> tableworthy Auslese. B+/A-
>
> I'd never heard of the wine myself; interesting to me as "Emrich" is my
> maiden name. Thanks.
> Into genealogy, Dee Dee

If you're ever in NYC area, we'd be happy to open one for you.
Emrich-Schonleber's Lenz QbA and their Kabinett are pretty available
on East Coast at least

Thanks, Dale, I'll be looking for some soon where I purchase most of my
wine - on my way back and forth from VA to CT.
http://www.wineaccess.com/store/garyswine/
I just noticed on their front web page (at this moment) they have a wine I
just bought.
Gary's has other stores, I think. But this is the only one that I shop
because of travel constraints.

Dee Dee