Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
[email protected] beans@smithfarms.com is offline

Default it's going to cost you .30 more at starbucks.

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:01:47 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>it's going to cost you .30 more at starbucks.

Being a Kona Coffee Farmer, I have never gone into Starbucks because
we have all the coffee I want. But we had to have a meeting downtown
this week, for Kona Coffee Cultural Festival week and Starbucks opens
early. So I got to the counter and did not want any fluffy coffee and
ordered a lemonade ice tea- they asked what kind of tea- I said
"black" and then asked if I wanted "sweetner" and I said "no thanks,
the lemonade ought to do the trick". So for $2.70, I got probably 10
ounces of lemonade and tea (although I couldn't taste the
tea).Unbelievable pricing!

My opinion is that if you want good coffee or even lemonade, make it
yourself or you are paying too much if you want it from Starbucks! If
you buy 100% Kona Coffee for $20/pound, and you can get 32 great of
great coffee from that pound, and I mean tasty coffee- that is
$.63/cup.

Go figure. You can support Starbucks or you might consider being
kinder to your wallet and at the same time, support local industry.

Just my $.02

aloha,
beans
roast beans to kona to email