Posted to rec.food.baking
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default Need recommendation for food/dough mixer

No one mentioned this possibility, but you might consider keeping the
older processor and augment it with a good bread machine. No question
that a KitchenAid or Viking would handle the heavier doughs, but they
are also a considerable investment. My cuisinart FPC-11 has a plastic
blade for dough, but even the "11" strains at some cookie doughs.
My Breadman Ultimate not only makes various breads, but has
separate cycles for jam, dough and pizza dough. This allows
you to get your dough made virtually unattended and still
free-form your breads, cakes or cookies. I'l be making a batch
of potato kolaches today and the breadman will do most of
the work. I'll just roll the dough out, cut the kolaches, press
the center wells and fill them, and allow one final rise while
the oven is heating. I have a bad back and standing for
extended periods is a problem, but this works for me
quite well.

Art in Texas

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:59:35 -0700 (PDT), Jane