Posted to alt.food.wine
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default US, Germany, Italy, & France

"DaleW" > wrote in message

The 1994 Emrich-Schonleber Monzinger Halenberg
Riesling Auslese has plenty of RS (more than the recent vonOth '97),
but there was still plenty of acidity too. Lots of petrol, green apple
and white peach fruit, with a limey/grapefruity edge to the acids that
tighten it up and brighten it up. Some honied notes, but not too
sweet. Nice long finish with some slate and chalk. This is a producer
that I never really heard of till the last few years, but I guess
they've been doing ok for a while, this is a lovely bottle of
tableworthy Auslese. B+/A-

I'd never heard of the wine myself; interesting to me as "Emrich" is my
maiden name. Thanks.
Into genealogy, Dee Dee