Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: SOBER at my house (Bdx, Burgs, Alsace, Rioja, and MSR)

On Nov 6, 2:50�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > 1986 Rausan Segla
> > I thought this was lovely, though at least some people preferred the
> > '83. Tannins are still there, but ripe and supple rather than drying
> > or hard. Cassis and a bit of ripe red plum, earth, smoke, cedar.
> > Challenger for WOTN. A-

> So what was your WOTN, Dale?
>
> > 1970 La Mission de Haut Brion
> > Earth and a mushroomy note, cassis and black raspberries, some
> > cigarbox aromas. Young, vigorous, complex. Still a bit of tannin, but
> > not obtrusive. Could pass for 15 years younger. A-

> Is there really an article in the name? �I thought that it was just La
> Mission Haut Brion, no de.
>
> Great lineup of wines. �Thanks for the notes.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

You're absolutely right of course, I think I had a brain cramp, was
talking last night re the La Chapelle de LMHB, the de just jumped in
there. This was the LMHB from the HDH auction by the way.

Not sure I could choose a WOTN- the Ecard, LMHB, '86 RS, Bosconia
would all be candidates. I guess if I had to choose, the La Mish just
based on fact I've had others before!