Posted to alt.food.wine
ernie[_1_] ernie[_1_] is offline

Default TN: Election night wines: bubbly, whites, and a red I'd as soonforget

Bi!! wrote:
> On Nov 6, 9:50�am, Dan the Man > wrote:

>>>IMHO, he made a BIG mistake by sucking up to the
>>>religious nuts - the ones he once called agents
>>>of intolerance. �I would like to see any and all
>>>American politicians not pander to the religious
>>>extremists. �He would have been a lot more
>>>successful running as a true independent and not
>>>taking on the baggage of the so called "base" of
>>>his party.

>>>As for me, I am drink some of my backyard estate
>>>grown Merlot / Cabernet Franc blend and some of
>>>my Pineapple Melomel, (mead (honey wine) made
>>>with honey and pinapples)).- Hide quoted text -

>>Like Joseph Coulter, I chose to remain sober; I wanted to ensure that
>>I would actually be awake when it became more-or-less official. I was
>>a McCain voter, but I'm not surprised that he lost. The voters seemed
>>intent on clearing the decks of anyone with the slightest "Bush
>>taint". Ultimately, he was undone by his own quote that he voted with
>>Bush 90% of the time, a quote that was used in Obama's TV ads.
>>
>>Dan-O- Hide quoted text -

> It's hunting season here in Ohio and I have been getting up at 5:00 so
> staying up until 11:00pm to get the West Coast results required no
> alcohol and a Diet Dr. Pepper at 9:00. I was a supporter of Obama and
> was proud of my State for going Blue early. I met with friends last
> night over veal sweetbread lasagne and Dover sole with a bottle of
> 2000 Dom and 2001 Chave Hermitage Blanc...both were exceptional.
> Tonight I'm have fresh venison liver with a bottle of 2007 Yann Chave
> Crozes Hermitage.

2006 Patricia Green Cellars Four Winds Vineyard pinot. I've been following
this vineyard for about five vintages now and it's really hitting its stride.
Deep earth and forest-floor on the nose, with light fruit and good acidity,
subtle structure to herald the return of reason and nuance to political
life.