Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default TN: Election night wines: bubbly, whites, and a red I'd as soonforget

On Nov 6, 9:50�am, Dan the Man > wrote:
> On Nov 5, 6:30�pm, "Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote:
>

> > Dick R. wrote:

> > > <snip>

> > > I've always thought of John McCain as one of the
> > > good guys, but I think he got tangled up trying
> > > to tow the party line. Maybe if he had run as an
> > > independent, the results would have been
> > > different. I still think he's a good guy, but
> > > I'm glad he won't be our next president. JMHO
> > > Dick R.

> > IMHO, he made a BIG mistake by sucking up to the
> > religious nuts - the ones he once called agents
> > of intolerance. �I would like to see any and all
> > American politicians not pander to the religious
> > extremists. �He would have been a lot more
> > successful running as a true independent and not
> > taking on the baggage of the so called "base" of
> > his party.

> > As for me, I am drink some of my backyard estate
> > grown Merlot / Cabernet Franc blend and some of
> > my Pineapple Melomel, (mead (honey wine) made
> > with honey and pinapples)).- Hide quoted text -

> Like Joseph Coulter, I chose to remain sober; I wanted to ensure that
> I would actually be awake when it became more-or-less official. I was
> a McCain voter, but I'm not surprised that he lost. The voters seemed
> intent on clearing the decks of anyone with the slightest "Bush
> taint". Ultimately, he was undone by his own quote that he voted with
> Bush 90% of the time, a quote that was used in Obama's TV ads.
>
> Dan-O- Hide quoted text -

It's hunting season here in Ohio and I have been getting up at 5:00 so
staying up until 11:00pm to get the West Coast results required no
alcohol and a Diet Dr. Pepper at 9:00. I was a supporter of Obama and
was proud of my State for going Blue early. I met with friends last
night over veal sweetbread lasagne and Dover sole with a bottle of
2000 Dom and 2001 Chave Hermitage Blanc...both were exceptional.
Tonight I'm have fresh venison liver with a bottle of 2007 Yann Chave
Crozes Hermitage.