Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 PM posted to rec.food.baking
merryb merryb is offline

Default Sad News..............

On Nov 5, 7:30*am, Norvin wrote:
* * *Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
community. *The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection
and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. *He was 71.
Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. *Dozens of celebrities
turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry
Jack, the California Raisens, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies and
Captain Crunch.

* * * Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy
as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. *Doughboy rose quickly
in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. *He was
not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on
half-baked schemes. *Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was
a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

* * * Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, three children, John
Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. *He is
also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

* * * The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

* * * If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the
occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone
else who may be having a crumby day and kneads a lift.

Hey- WTF? A real topic? I've heard this years ago, but your rendition
is better- thanks for the laugh! So, do you bake? Have you tried the
no-knead bread that has been a topic here? I finally did a month or so
ago, and will never buy bread again. Well, not really, but a lot less
of it!