Posted to alt.food.wine
IanH IanH is offline

Default TN: Election night wines: bubbly, whites, and a red I'd as soon forget

Hi Dale & other USAian,

I sat up till 4am, until the Ohio "results" made the outcome certain.

I'm afraid that it didn't occur to me to have any wine. I felt that
somehow it was too momentous.

I, too was very moved by Senator McCain's concession when I saw it
this morning and by Senator Obama's acceptance.

The only problem with high hopes is that they often precede deep
disillusion. You've got huge problems facing your country, I very much
hope you can surmount them.

Unlike Mark, I felt that the celebrations in Kenya pointed up how
atypical Mr Obama is, despite his adoption by the black community.
Actually his background may very well work to your advantage - I
certainly hope so.

And coming back on topic. We were in "finishing up the curries" mode
tonight. I drank beer but served two different growers' Bergheim
Rotenberg Grand Cru Gewurztraminers to our guests. Didn't taste either
of them, so I'm afraid I've got no notes.
--
All the best
Fatty from Forges