Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.food
Ken[_9_] Ken[_9_] is offline

Default Goats & rabbits [Was: TIMES: Barack Obama's Kenyan family celebrate by slaughtering bulls, chicken and goats]

(Phred) wrote in news:6ndsrgFl97krU1
@mid.individual.net:

> And frozen rabbits are making an appearance in our supermarkets here
> in the deep north of the deep south too -- rabbit is a traditional
> food of the Depression era here in Oz. (But fresh, not frozen. And
> free for the catching back then.

I hope they arrive here. I love rabbit. Especially in hassenfeffer(sp?).
Long ago it was available frozen - brand name Pel or something like that.
I haven't seen rabbit now for at least a decade. I can buy a domestic
locally but have to slaughter it myself - which I don't want to do.

No cottontails here I've ever seen. Just a very rare occasional jack
rabbit, and I don't think those are edible. I don't have a .22 rifle or
shotgun any more anyhow.

No butchers I know of here to ask to order.

Ken