Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default I am not from India; just trying to cook high protein non-eat (??) dishes

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:59:48 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Ms P" > wrote:
>
>> > This, plus your shoemaker references make me think that you are quite
>> > elderly and/or haven't kept up with the times. Betty Crocker cookbooks are
>> > rather old-fashioned and have recipes that are more time-consuming than
>> > what people want today. They were en vogue from the 1920's to perhaps the
>> > 1970's - every housewife had that ubiquitous red-and-white checkered
>> > cookbook on the shelf.

>> Betty Crocker cook books are not red and white checkered.
>>
>> Ms P

>Really old ones are. I should know. I have my moms.

The first one was 1950, red with white swirls on it. I have a copy of
every version and none of them have a checked cover. Better Home and
Gardens has a red & white check on the cover.

Here is the link to a page from the 1986 book with pictures of all of
the Betty Crocker cookbooks from 1950 to 1978.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1582is6&s=4

I can take a picture of the 1951 and 1968 Better Homes and Garden
Cookbooks if you like.

If you have a copy from that period with a different cover, I would
like to see a picture.