Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Mashed Cauliflower

Nicky > wrote:
: On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:16:37 -0400, "Willy" > wrote:

: >But I would like for it to be a tad thicker in consistency. Anyone found a
: >way to accomplish this?

: You've got to let it drain really, really thoroughly - maybe even
: pressing it to get the last of the liquid out.

: Whilst you're experimenting, mashed turnips or celeriac done the same
: way are pretty good too : )

: Nicky.

When yu say turnips, do yu mean the whie ones with the purple bottomw or
the huge yellow ones also called swedes or rutabegas? I like the white
ones but can't stand the yellow ones. I use the white ones in my stews in
place of pottoes. I one sitting in the oven right now keeping warm untl
spper. Beef, laarge chenked catrrots, celery, green or red pepper,
chunked tpeele white turnips, onions, grlic, large can of tomatoes, good
sized glug of left-over red wine, s and FGBP, 6-10 whole cloves, this
time two long salks of rosmary removed from stem. I would have put in
some bay leaves, but I couldn't find them.

Wendy