Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterLucas[_5_] PeterLucas[_5_] is offline

Default Bird Eating Spider?

merryb > wrote in news:bc2fe3ba-337c-4b28-9b80-9eda6afa17b4
@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> Any of you see this? It's all over the news-I can't believe spiders
> could get that big.

That's usual for a bird eater.

Wait till you're walking through the bush of a night, walk between two
trees that are about 8-10' apart, and walk straight through one of their
webs!!

And then 20secs later feel 8 legs crawling over your head!!

And you're not allowed to make any noise :-)

> I bet they have a tough time finding stuff strong
> enough to build their webs from. Happy Halloween!

The 'stuff' they need to build their webs comes out of their bum.

This spiders web was about 3' across.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane