dvito

Default New to group

Hi I was looking for some injection tips for turkeys.
I'm smoking a 17.5 lb turkey that was cavity seasoned with a rosemary rub
and stuffed with fruit, onion and rosemary.

I want to inject it before I cook it. maybe about 6 hours befor smoking
time. I figure a 3-4 a.m. start should put this bird on the table around
4:30. I never smoked a bird this big before. I've done plenty of 10 - 12 #
birds but it's been since last Thanksgiving.

How long will a bird of this weight take at 225 - 250?

I made my own injection sauce from water, Fresh Rosemary, garlic, salt,
black pepper, celery seed and butter.

Am I missing anything important here?

Thank you in advance,

Dave