Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_2_] Lou Decruss[_2_] is offline

Default Shortbread and shortenin' bread.

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:32:56 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:28:06 -0500, Lou Decruss >
>wrote:
>

>>Yep. It's a very good thing. Gale Gand was on foodtv before but I
>>don't watch it any more so I don't know if she still is. Googling
>>will tell you who she is.

>No, she isn't on FoodTV anymore. She is a highly respected pastry
>chef... I remember her shows, and I learned several things from
>her...not that I can remember them anymore!!
>
>I think she was on with Julia Child, in one of her Baking with Julia
>episodes.
>
>Christine

Yep. Chef and part owner of:

http://www.trurestaurant.com/welcome.html

Not a cheap place. It always gets the top marks in Chicago magazine.
Also the top price range. <sigh>

She is a very cool woman. I think she's from Evanston which is where
Chris M from Tex-ass was originally from.

Lou