Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Goodman Dan Goodman is offline

Default Mundane Questions that a Fairly Sophisticated Cook is Afraid to Ask

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> I tried posting this several hours ago (twice!) but had a glitch , , ,
>
> First Question: I like Rice a Roni but it's got over 1000 mg of
> sodium per serving. Can I make my own using Uncle Ben's brown rice,
> orzo or fideo and my choice of seasonings? I'd add some currants and
> some freeze dried vegetable stuff and some low sodium soup base.
>
> What if I brown the rice and pasta in a tbsp of EVOO?
>
> Lynn in Fargo

This is the third time I've seen this post.

And I remember seeing at least one answer to the first time.

Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Expire
Journal http://dsgood.livejournal.com
Futures http://clerkfuturist.wordpress.com
Mirror Journal http://dsgood.insanejournal.com
Mirror 2 http://dsgood.wordpress.com