Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default Mundane Questions that a Fairly Sophisticated Cook is Afraid to Ask

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> First Question: The directions for Rice a Roni used to have you use a
> skillet to brown the rice and vermicelli in a little butter or olive
> oil before you add the seasonings and the water. Now the directions
> tell you to just make it in a saucepan.

I've only had Rice A Roni twice, and was violently ill
both times. I don't what's in there that I react to,
and I don't know of any other food item which provokes
that reaction in me. The only other food I avoid because
of a peculiar reaction is bean protein, like tofu. Gives
me terrible headaches. It took over 30 years for me
to figure out what was causing those headaches.