Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default What to do with dehydrated bell pepper?

James wrote:
> I got some excess peppers both red and green so I'm using my
> dehydrater to dry them. �Takes 2 days a batch. �My question is what
> dishes uses dried bell pepper? � Should I freeze them instead?

How many peppers you talking... excess bell peppers is like excess
beer.

There are plenty of recipes that use a lot of bell peppers (stuffed)
that freeze well. Dehy peppers are fine, I use them myself... they
come in very handy when you only need a litte or you just ran out,
they're very convenient for soups/stews... I buy mine from Penzeys.
But I would never dehydrate bell peppers, especially if all you can do
is a small batch every two days, you'll spend more for electric than
to buy them already dehydrated. Why don't you just dice and freeze
them as is, or saute and freeze, or use in a recipe and freeze that.
The red ones are good roasted, they're nice in a sandwich