John O

Default Basting with bacon

> >> My electric brinkman usually runs between 230 and 250. How is it you
> >> are getting 300?

> > Are you using an extension cord? They can reduce the current and lower
> > the temperature if they're not the heavy duty ones.
> >

> I don't use an extension cord and my temps are consistantly 230 to 250
> depending on if the wood is smoking or burning, sometimes a little higher
> if I put too much wood in.

Assuming this is a problem with the electrical system, and has nothing
whatsoever to do with ambient temps and wind and whatnot, the problem is
Ohm's Law. P=EČ/R

Either the voltage is too low, or the resistance of the element is too high.
That keeps the power low which keeps the smoker cooler. Boost the AC voltage
or get an element with less resistance, and it'll generate more heat.

-John O