Posted to rec.food.cooking
amandaF amandaF is offline

Default Dry sherry versus "cooking wine (sherry) "

On Oct 15, 6:22 pm, aem > wrote:
> On Oct 15, 4:19 pm, amandaF > wrote:
>
> > What is the difference between dry sherry versus Reese's "Cooking wine
> > (Sherry)"? Are they the same?

> Okay, I'm done with you. I've given you the benefit of the doubt
> through a lot of completely ignorant posts. There's nothing wrong
> with ignorance, it just means somebody hasn't learned someething yet.
> But your record of posts from a standpoint of "there's nothing too
> obvious for me to pretend to ask about" has ultimately worn too thin.
> No one who is interested enough in food to read this group could be
> ignorant of the full range of things you have pretended ignorance
> about. Give it up. Or make up another name. -aem

Waht? Obviously, you have no fxxx'n clue that I grew up having nothing
to dow ith kitchen work, then came to US for grad studies during which
I learned to make 3or 4 dishes to live on - beef curry, spaghetti
(buying the sauce), stir-fry noodle (no recipe; my own creation) and
so actually, it's only 3. Half the time I ate out or bought food (like
pizza and fried chicken; I was young and could handle the grease.
Then, when I moved to a new city, I met some people from my country
and learned some cooking idea. At this time, I also went to Indian
grocery stores to learn about the spices (literally learning like
school work) and Asian grocery stores. Then, I stared another grad
program and so I couldn't really try all that cooking idea I learned
and I forgot them all. Then I graduated and moved to this city in CA,
and was exposed to a lot of things - I learned about the best brand of
fish sauce fro m this news group despite being form SE Asia - and so
I know some names but as far as cooking skills, first of all, there is
just one person in my household. Secondly, I need HIGH protein diet.
Third, it's a waste of time to try cooking different dish when one
has to live on high protein diet and with age, does not feel well
eating certain things I used to eat. So, go ahead. Judge others by
yourself. Nothing new.

And bye bye.