Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default What goes well with canned corned beef hash?

On Oct 16, 10:23*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> aem wrote:
> > Corned beef. *Anytime you buy canned corned beef hash you should also
> > buy a can of corned beef.

> Corned beef comes in cans?
>
> Ouch. *The stuff is so nasty mixed with potatoes that I can't even
> imagine what canned corned beef would taste like.

Yes it is. Note the disclaimer: "anytime you buy..." I don't
recommend buying either, but if you buy the hash then it will be
improved by adding more corned beef. Part of the reason the hash is
nasty is that canned potatoes are nasty.

> Corned beef should be bought from the deli or the butcher counter - not
> in a can. *It's also very inexpensive and easy to make yourself.

Yes, if the deli or butcher is good. Best is homemade, though it is
not the most inexpensive thing around. Your nemesis Sheldon has given
rfc a very good way to make corned beef. -aem