Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathleen[_4_] Kathleen[_4_] is offline

Default What goes well with canned corned beef hash?

Ken wrote:

> Maybe fried eggs? Make a sandwich?

There were four of us in my family so on Saturday mornings I'd pile
canned corned beef into a loaf pan, make a half dozen or so of nests in
it with the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each one. These were
baked at 350 until the eggs were set.

On Sundays, our dad would make bacon or sausage and gravy with biscuits
and eggs - the only meal of the week he would cook. I miss my dad's
biscuits and gravy.

Last weekend we were at a tournament in Memphis and ate breakfast at
Perkins. My daughter ordered some sort of enormous combo that included
eggs, which she ordered "over easy", with A-1 sauce and ketchup on the side.

Made my eyes sting, because she never learned that from me - that was
straight from her grandpa.