Reg

Default Turkey Fryer

Aria wrote:

> Wouldn't it add a ton
> more calories to the turkey?

Not if cooked properly. The oil should be at 325 F minimum. If it goes lower
for very long the meat will absorb oil. This is true for all deep frying.

> Would the skin turn out crispy like cooking chicken in a fryer?

You'll definetely get crispy skin by frying.

> Anyone have preferences between smoked and fried turkey???

I'll take a properly smoked turkey any day. Deep frying is trendy and
overrated IMO. That said, I'll be frying one this Thanksgiving. Not because
it creates some sort of unique taste sensation, but because the oven where
I'm cooking will be used for other things that day.