Old 12-10-2008, 04:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Soups On!!!!

Jill replied to nancy:

Am I invited? I've wanted to make the Cook's Illustrated
minestrone for a long time. You put parmagiana rinds in to
thicken and flavor it. I saw a package of the rinds for sale
at a local supermarket, which will come in handy as I don't
have any.

Of course you're invited! Everyone's invited!

Jill --has to remember the parmagiana at least as a finishing touch

The rinds are supposed to cook a long time, so they soften and release
flavor into the soup. The finishing touch would be grated parmagiana itself,
rather than the rind.

I want to try adding some trotter stock for heft, and a combination of V-8
and carrot juice at the last minute for flavor.

Bob