butch burton

Default looking for 35 lb. cap. rotisserory motor

"Michael" > wrote in message >...
> "MONTMACH" > wrote in message
> > I checked google with no luck, I know somebody out there has one.

> Yea I
> > know I spelled rotissory wrong. TIA
> >
> > Dave
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> www.surpluscenter.com
>
> look under gear motors

Got one from surpluscenter-it is a gear motor with 135 inch pounds of
torque-reversable with wiring mods and a great little motor-spins my
fully loaded 30# coffee bean roaster drum. THey are used-first one I
got had a howl in the gear box-they replaced it no questions
asked-even paid shipping both ways-now that is service-just held my
telephone reciever up to the beast-their tech said yeah it is growling
a bit-replacement on the way. Great goodies they have in this place.
Eventually am going to build a large smoker out of a 250 gallon oil
tank-want to put a rotisserie in the beast and will use this gear
motor to drive the critter. OH mine is 30 rpm-could reduce this with
diff sprocket sizes-if for a app with lots of heat would suggest going
with a chain drive. I have timed several large commercial
rotisserie's and most seem to turn at 5 rpm.