Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_27_] Sqwertz[_27_] is offline

Default Pepperidge Farms: Mummy bread?

notbob wrote:

> I bought a loaf of 12-15 grain PF bread

Is this bread measured in grains-per-inch, kinda like threads-per-inch
or shrimp-per-pound?

> and for reasons I will not go into,
> left it to rot in a dark corner of a shed. That was over 4 mos ago. Lo and
> behold, I rediscovered it and gave it a taste. Excellent!!

I don't usually buy these kinds of breads, but I bought one of those
loaves of runted, very thin sandwich bread a few months ago to make
shrimp toast. The things lasted 7 weeks on the counter after it was
opened. It probably would have lasted for another month at least had it
not all finally been used up.

It's kinda scarry, isn't it? You think these breads are wholesome and
nutritious, but have a mysterious shelf-life that rivals that of
Twinkies and Ho-Ho's.

-sw