Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini kilikini is offline

Default KFC 9.99 bucket

jmcquown wrote:
> James wrote:
>> How much would the raw chicken cost you at regular supermarket
>> prices? At sale prices? Assume you cook regularly and have all the
>> other stuff necessary for fried chicken so their cost is minor.

> [cross-posting snipped]
>
> About $4 USD for a whole chicken. Pennies for the oil and
> breading/batter for frying. KFC is no bargain and doesn't even taste
> good.
> Jill

$4? Wow, down here, we usually pay about $7 for a whole chicken - not cut
up, which is fine. Allan's great at (this sounds bad!) whacking up a
chicken to fry. :~) I get squeamish. I can't do it.

We usually just cut up the chicken, put it in cornmeal mix with garlic and
pepper, shake, and fry. Still WAY cheaper than KFC and cheaper than the
grocery store deli fried chicken, too.

And, yep, Jill, KFC doesn't even taste good.

kili