Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default Classic vs Not So Classic Banana Pudding

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> Family and friends dinner this Thursday and I'd like to prepare most
>> ahead of time. Yet I dislike the way meringue weeps when held in the
>> fridge. Any solutions??

> You can prepare and bake the meringue separately on lightly greased
> parchment paper. Store it lightly covered at room temperature, then
> transfer to the pudding just before serving.

Get out!??! I can!? THIS is news to me. I think I might try this. What
the hell do I have to lose if it doesn't work? Four lousy egg whites.
THANK YOU!!!
(I'm not a huge meringue fan, yet find whipped cream too sweet on it,
and prefer the finished look the meringue provides the dessert)