Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Julia Altshuler Julia Altshuler is offline

Default Need help translating British flour names in to American

Mark A.Meggs wrote:

> May not be available. Most American oats are "rolled" oats. Steel-cut
> oats are easy to find, but I don't think I've ever seen ground oats.

Quaker Oats makes rolled oats which are called "old fashioned." They
also make "quick 1-minute" oats which are rolled oats that have been
chopped a bit. I use them in oatmeal cookies. If you take either one
and spin it in a food processor with a steel blade for a while, you get
ground oats or oat flour. I use it all the time in baking. I like the
flavor.

--Lia