Posted to rec.food.cooking
KevinS KevinS is offline

Default Sushi restaurant revisited (long)

On Oct 1, 10:07�pm, koko > wrote:

> Last month I went to a new sushi place in town. I posted my
> disappointment with some of the meal on my blog.

> I think I'm one lucky and blessed girl that I had the opportunity to
> have such a meal.

Thank you for your good reports and pictures.

Your comments beg a big question - namely, what - in your
opinion - accounts for the difference between the first and
second meals? It's a big leap from inedible squid to
spectacular sashimi. Several explanations come to mind:

- the restaurant had an "off day" - a frequent excuse/justification

- as you stated, you are a sushi amateur (so am I - it's not my
favorite)

- if you don't know the chef or Anthony, you just get average
treatment, which presents a small, but gnawing, ethical
issue

I could go on, but that's enough for now.