Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default No savings in home gardening?

In article > ,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Funny thing that. All those arm chair jocks think of themselves as
> athletes because they watch sports. Personally, team sports are not of
> much interest to me. Once you get out of school there are limited
> opportunities to get involved in them.

Not true. It's not for me, but I shared an office with a woman for five
years. Sports were her life. She and her husband did the football
watching thing. Her husband had a stressful job, so his job paid for
membership in an athletic club. It wasn't much extra money to add
family membership to that. They both played racquet ball a couple of
times of week (not with each other). They were both on a volleyball
team. They both played baseball. They both played soccer. I watched
her play a few times. 1 1/2 hours of straight running. These sports
mostly had seasons, so they didn't do all of these at the same time.

ObFood: When she did sports, then she felt justified in drinking a beer
or eating another sandwich.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA