Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Wayne Lundberg Wayne Lundberg is offline

Default Put lard in your beans

After years of searching for proven science that adding a bit of lard to
boiling beans will increase the body's ability to get the most nutrient
possible, while reducing flatulence, I have found it.

Dr. Weston A. Price, a dentist in the early 1900's, discovered that
wholesome foods included meat, fats, butters, cheeses and lacto fermented
veggies were the principal reason for the growth of civilizations across the
world.

The decline in health, started when mankind decided that meats, et al, were
bad for you.

In Mexico we knew this lard/bean combo was good for you and we really never
suffered flatulence nor obesity. Until recently.

I have been adding a spoonful of lard to a pot of beans forever. And we, as
a family, never lifted the house during the night with gases as happens to
others who don't use lard.

Comments?