Posted to alt.food.wine
Godzilla[_4_] Godzilla[_4_] is offline

Default Piluna Primitivo

Perhaps it was an ancient genetic compulsion that drew me to purchase the
bottle of Piluna Primitivo 2006. One must remember that we reptiles
predate you humans by a considerable expanse of unrecorded history.
"Primitivo" sounds close enough to "Primitive" to strike a responsive
chord in my psyche.

Last night, after a salad of fresh asparagus slices that had been
macerated in Balsamic dressing and finished with marinated Roma Tomatoes,
I carefully brought two hand crafted balls of Napolitano Pizza Dough to
room temperature for two hours before inserting the finished product into
my 550 F convection on the preheated stone. One, I topped with a Garlic
infused Crushed Tomato sauce plus some jarred mushroom slices and whole
milk Mozzarella and the second with the addition of hand pitted Kalamata
Olives plus thin Italian Genoa Salami that was pan crisped while the
pizza was undergoing its seven minute Baptism by heat on the stone.

Rich earthy scent greeted my nostrils after the bottle had breathed for
close to an hour. Deep color obscured the view of the bottom of my glass.
Chewable fully ripened early morn picked grapes came to my mind. My only
concern was that I might become too relaxed to carefully slide the pizzas
into and out of the oven on their respective wooden and metal peels.
However, unlike many currently fashionable wines from California, the
relatively modest 13.5% alcohol content allowed enjoyment without my
experiencing noticeable physical debilitation.

The marriage of pizza and wine was made and consummated. I can only hope
that the fates allow me to repeat the experience before I am summoned to
Reptile Valhalla.

Godzilla