Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 06/05 Bernadotte?

JT wrote:
>> Thanks much Dale. It seemed to me the 05 would be the better candidate,
>> I'll likely pick up a case.
>>
>> I used to buy Destieux direct in the old days, still have a little from
>> 85/86 in fact. In those days it was a terrific value, and I still
>> remember it being 60FF in the early-mid 90s... Now of course all that's
>> changed, but I like it and think 18 is a fair price anyway, given
>> what you can drop for a correspondingly good (or not even as) bottle.
>> The difference of course is that I have to limit my purchases...

> Emery
> I have a case of the Bernadotte 2005, bought for 10 quid a bottle, I was
> going to leave it for a couple of years?

John, I got my case of 05. I'm guessing it will want 3-5, but it's just
a guess since I haven't tried it. Anyway that's the time frame I'll
open a bottle.

Maybe Dale has an inkling as to ageability.

Found a couple of other unexpected bargains, some Moulin a Vent from
Janin, Saumur from St. Just, cheap 05 CdR from Brunel.

> BTW, Bruges trip was great, went to Den Dyver, great food but a little
> pricey. Had to have wine with food, could not take all those different
> beers, though folk were ploughing throught he beer menu.

Great! I look forward to trying the place. Did you notice if they
accept dogs, by any chance?

-E