Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '70 LLC

Jean had purchased a lovely leg of lamb recently, so tonight I roasted
it with slivers of garlic inserted into cuts and olive oil rubbed on the
outside. With the meat, rice, sauteed green beans and salad, I opened:

1970 Leoville Las Cases St. Julien
color: garnet at the center going orange at the rim
nose: aromatic, pencil lead, flowers, tar, dark fruit
palate: medium body, rich fruit, high acidity

This very youthful wine was a pleasure to drink and accompanied the lamb
grandly. This was part of a fairly recent auction purchase shared with
Dale, and it lived up to all its expectations and more. The cork was
sound, but saturated, and crumbled as it was extracted. 12% ABV and
imported by Dietz Liquor of Wauwatosa, WI. All in all, a very
satisfying Bordeaux.

Mark Lipton