Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do bread machines really save that much time

"maxine in ri" > wrote in message

> The main usefullness I found with a bread machine was that the results
> were consistent, Doesn't really save time, unless you count that you
> don't have to be there to punch the dough down once it's doubled, so
> it gives me over an hour where I can go and do the shopping or some
> yardwork, and don't have to worry that my dough will overproof. also,
> I tend to add too much flour when kneading, so the machine saves me
> from myself more than anything else.

That's the important thing. Quite good bread can be made automatically.
It's not qucker but it saves *your* time allowing you to do other
things. It is remarkable to think that the bread machine was invented in
Japan where bread is not a staple of diet!
--
James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland