Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Do bread machines really save that much time

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Brian Christiansen" > wrote:
> (snip)
>> straight dough method, I dont think it really saves that much time.
>>
>> Brian Christiansen

(snippety)
> I borrowed my daughter's a couple years ago and used it maybe four or
> five times to see what the shouting is about. Reminds me that I
> should return it to them.
>
> I'm not sure that their attractiveness is based on saving time, Brian.

My brother got an ABM for Christmas some years ago. The prospect of working
dough by hand was *not* his idea of a good time but he loves (who doesn't?)
the smell of bread baking. Like you, he used it maybe 4-5 times. The
novelty wore off and it became just another thing to store. I think he gave
it away when he moved.

Pssst, Barb, if your daughter hasn't asked for it back after a couple of
years I'm guessing she didn't use it much, either

Jill