Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default What kind of beef cut is best for Mongolian Beef?

Sheldon > wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>
>> i'm sure sheldon makes excellent mongolian ground beef.

> Just happens I do, pork patties for Mongolian grill... very different
> from the pot you wrap your sick mongolian mick vulva lips around.
>
> Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .
>
> Mongolian grill
> This audience-participation cooking is said to have originated during
> the time of Genghis Khan when his warriors in the field would sit
> around grills and enjoy cooking their own food. The basic approach is
> for each diner to dip thin slices of lamb (or other meat) into a
> ginger-soy sauce MARINADE before placing them on a hot grill (usually
> a large HIBACHI) set on the center of the table. Each individual cooks
> his or her meat (the Mongolian grill) according to personal
> preference. The grill is sometimes garnished with chopped scallions,
> mushrooms or watercress and eaten on plain buns.

So lets try and follow this:

First you post a ridiculous claim that says the only thing that
makes a dish Mongolian is what the meat is marinated in...

In that same post you then quote a recipe that uses sesame oil and
salt as it's marinade.

Then you claim you use GROUND BEEF to make PORK PATTIES for
Mongolian grill, and quote a article in which the theme is that the
GRILL makes it Mongolian. And then quote the preparation of which
uses SAY and GINGER as a marinade marinade for THINLY SLICED MEATS
rather then ground pork patties.

How many contradictions can you possibly make in a single thread?

> � Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD
> LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.

Which you should have just quoted in the first place and left
it at that.

Does it have an entry for 'Sheldon Katz'?

-sw