Old 22-09-2008, 02:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default What kind of beef cut is best for Mongolian Beef?

On Sep 21, 11:27*pm, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
"amandaF" wrote in message

What kind of beef cut is best for Mongolian Beef?

Actually, the cheaper the cut the better. *And plenty of fat. *A nice
semi-fatty chuck, cut very thin on the bias will make for the best flavor
and texture. Usually flank steak is used but I like the texture and flavor
of chuck. *By thin we are talking so thin you can almost see through it.. *It
will be very tender that way and marinating it will make it even more so.
Best to have the butcher cut it for you.

Paul

I don't think the OP is talking about Mongolian firepot, but about the
typical
Americanized Chinese restaurant dish of marinated, stir-fried beef
typically
served on a bed of crispy fried rice noodles.