Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default What kind of beef cut is best for Mongolian Beef?

"amandaF" > wrote in message
> What kind of beef cut is best for Mongolian Beef?

Actually, the cheaper the cut the better. And plenty of fat. A nice
semi-fatty chuck, cut very thin on the bias will make for the best flavor
and texture. Usually flank steak is used but I like the texture and flavor
of chuck. By thin we are talking so thin you can almost see through it. It
will be very tender that way and marinating it will make it even more so.
Best to have the butcher cut it for you.

Paul