Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Anyone tried drying limes?

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:42:01 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>
>> True, but I'm concerned that I have no way to use most of the limes I have
>> on hand, so preserving at least some of them would be good. I could go nuts
>> with 4 bottles of Tanqueray, but then I'll have other issues to contend
>> with. :-)

>Juice them and freeze the juice in ice cube trays or in a freezer bag.
>If you freeze in a bag, lay it flat when you put it in the freezer and
>then break off some of it when you want to use it. Or else just
>invite some friends over ‹ a BYOT party. '-0)

You can also freeze the limes whole. I usually wash the lime or
lemons, dry the off, put them in a zip lock bag and toss in the
freezer. I let them thaw on the counter or maybe a minute or so in
the microwave and then juice. You can get more juice after freezing
and thawing.